Effective date: July 14, 2022
At Prodáct, we respect your privacy.
All personal data is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and EU-US. and Switzerland-US Privacy Shield Frameworks developed by the US Department of Commerce, the European Commission and the Swiss administration.
Personal information we collect
We collect various personal information about you or your device. This include:
Information you provide to create an Account, such as your email address and yours. If you subscribe to Paid Services, we receive some of your payment information from our payment processor (for example, the last four digits, country of issue, and payment card expiration date).
Emails and other communications you send to us or otherwise provide, such as support requests.
Information about your use of the Services or User sites. This includes IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to visiting our site or our Users' sites, and information about your browser, network, or device (for example, browser type and version, operating system, internet service provider, preferences, unique device identifiers, language, and other regional settings), information about how you interact with the Services and our Users' sites (for example, timestamps, clicks, scrolls, view times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter such as download errors).
Other information you provide to us directly or through third-party services if you use a third-party service to create an account (based on your privacy settings in such a third-party service).
How We Collect Personal Information
We receive personal information from various sources. We do this in three main ways:
A. Personal information you provide
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in several ways. For example, we ask you to provide your name and email address to register and manage your account. We also store your marketing preferences as well as emails and other communications that you send to us or otherwise provide, such as customer service inquiries. You may also provide information to us in other ways, including by responding to surveys, by submitting a form.
Sometimes we require you to provide us with information for contractual or legal reasons. For example, when you register or transfer a domain name through the Services, we collect registration information about your domain; or we may ask you to select your jurisdiction when you sign up for the Paid Services to determine whether and how much tax we owe you. We generally tell you when information is required and the consequences of not providing it. If you do not provide personal information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with a service or if we are required to collect it by law.
B. Personal Information Obtained from Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about your activities and interactions with the Services, such as your IP address, your device and browser type, the web page you visited before visiting our sites, which pages on our sites you visit, and for how long, as well as identifiers associated with your devices.
If you are an end user of our users' sites, we also receive information about your interactions with their sites, although we use this in an anonymous, aggregated form that does not focus on you individually. We use this data to evaluate, provide, protect or improve our Services (including by developing new products and services).
Some of this information is collected automatically using cookies and similar technologies when you use our Services and our Users' sites.
C. Personal information obtained from other sources
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Provision of services. Create and manage your Account, provide and personalize our Services, register or transfer your domain names, process payments, and respond to your inquiries.
- Communication with you. Including by sending you emails about your transactions and announcements related to the Services.
– Personalization. Advertise our Services and send you tailored marketing communications about Prodáct's and our partners' products, services, offers, programs and promotions, and measure the success of these campaigns. For example, we may send you different marketing messages depending on your subscription plan or what we think you might be interested in based on other information we have.
- Advertising. We analyze your interactions with our Services and third party online services so that we can tailor our advertising to what we think will be of interest to you.
– Setting up Services. Provide you with customized services. For example, to remember which of your sites you last edited.
– Improving our Services. Analyze and learn about access to and use of the Services, evaluate and improve our Services (including by developing new products and services and managing our communications), and track and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We usually do this on the basis of anonymous aggregated information that does not concern you personally. For example, if we learn that the majority of Paid Service Users use a particular feature, we may improve that feature.
— Safety. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
– Relationships with third parties. Managing our relationships with suppliers and partners.
- Law enforcement. Ensure compliance with our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
– Protection. Protect our and other interests, rights, and property (for example, protect our Users from abuse).
— Compliance with the law. Comply with applicable legal requirements such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts, and law enforcement requirements.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
– You have consented to the use of your personal information in certain ways.
- Execution of obligations. We need your personal information to provide you with the services and products you have requested or to respond to your inquiries. For example, we need your email address so that you can log into your Prodáct account.
– Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, for example, to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or a mandatory law enforcement request.
– Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We share personal information in the following ways:
– Domain registration partners. If necessary to comply with ICANN policy, the registry, ccTLD, or registrar, we share registration information about your domain.
— Business partners. We may share personal information with business partners. For example, we may share your personal information when our Services are integrated with their Third Party Services, but only when you have been informed or otherwise expect such sharing.
– Third-party plugins and social networks. We may share personal information with website plugins, social media platforms, or similar Third Party Services to enhance your experience, at your direction, or when you intentionally interact with a plugin. For example, when you use a Third Party Service to create or log into your Account, we may share your personal information with that Third Party Service.
– Service providers. We share personal information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertising on other sites, send marketing and other communications on our behalf, or help with data storage.
– Payment processing. We share your personal information over an encrypted connection with our payment processor.
– Compliance with the law or protection of rights and interests. We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others' rights, property, or interests (for example, to enforce our Terms of Service), or prevent fraud or abuse of the Prodáct. In particular, we may disclose your personal information in response to legitimate government requests, such as to comply with national security or law enforcement requirements.
— Advertising. We share personal information with third parties so that they and we can provide you with tailored advertising and measure and track its effectiveness.
Your rights and choices
Where required by applicable law (and subject to any applicable exceptions under the law), you may have the right to access, update, modify or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change or delete personal information (or your end user information) either directly in your account or by contacting us at [email protected] to request the necessary changes. You may exercise your other rights (including deleting your Account) by contacting us through your Account or using the same email address. Please note that we may need to verify your identity in connection with your requests and this verification process may, if you do not have access to your account, require you to provide us with additional information (such as government-issued ID). Even if you have access to your Account, we may ask for additional information if we believe it is necessary to verify your identity. If we are unable to verify your identity or request, we may not be able, in accordance with applicable law, to fulfill your request.
You may also opt out of receiving marketing communications by changing your settings in your Account or by following the unsubscribe instructions in such communications.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there may be a delay in deleting your personal information from our systems when you ask us to delete it. We will also retain personal information to comply with the law, protect our rights and the rights of others, resolve disputes, or enforce our legal terms or policies to the extent permitted by applicable law.
You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information or exercise your right to data portability in accordance with applicable law. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority in accordance with applicable law.
In addition, if we rely on consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, it will not affect the lawfulness of the processing until your consent is withdrawn.
If you are an end-user of one of our user sites, you should contact them to exercise your rights in relation to any information they hold about you.
How we protect your personal information
Prodáct is completely secure, we use reliable technologies to ensure the safety of personal information. We maintain administrative, technical, and physical security measures that are designed to adequately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of personal information that we hold. We use security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intrusions, creating redundancies throughout our network, and testing and protecting against network vulnerabilities.
How We Store Your Personal Information
The exact periods for which we retain your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice and the period during which a claim may be filed regarding an agreement or other matter. For example, the period for which we store your email address is related to how long your account has been active, while the period for which we store a support message depends on how much time has passed since the last message.
Please note that in the course of providing the Services, we collect and store aggregated, anonymous or de-identified information, which we may retain indefinitely.
The personal information you submit through the Services may be transferred to countries other than your country of residence, such as to our servers in the United States. We also store personal information locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
Your personal information may be transferred to countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you originally provided the information.
We use several transfers of personal information that are subject to the General European Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) under Chapter V of the GDPR. This includes:
Standard data protection provisions. We transfer personal information by Article 46 of the GDPR to recipients who have entered into an agreement approved by the European Commission for the transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area.
Other means. We may, subject to Articles 45 and 46 of the GDPR, transfer personal information to recipients who are located in a country that, as determined by the European Commission or the European Data Protection Supervisory Authority, offers an adequate level of data protection by an approved certification mechanism or code of conduct, as well as binding, enforceable obligations of the recipient to apply appropriate security measures, including in relation to the rights of data subjects or processors who have committed themselves to comply with binding corporate rules.
You can find out more information about these transfer mechanisms here or request a copy from us.
How to contact us